1.10.2009

Let's All Eat Cake

This is a recipe you simply MUST have on hand. It's one of the most decadent, moist, delicious chocolate cakes I have ever tasted. I usually find myself baking it when I need to cope with something emotionally...hahaha. I eat one slice while it's still hot, then refrigerate the rest and serve it cold. Cold dark chocolate cake with hardened chocolate chips inside...

Need I persuade any more? You should make this cake.

Darn Good Chocolate Cake
(my Momma's recipe!)

1 box dark chocolate cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup warm water
4 eggs
1 small box chocolate pudding
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips, beat on low speed (1 minute) until integrated. Scrape bowl, then turn mixer to medium-high and beat until batter is thick, a bit fluffy, and well-mixed (about 2 minutes). Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared (greased and floured) bundt pan and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.

Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes, then use a knife to loosen edges of cake from pan. Turn onto plate or cake stand. May dust with powdered sugar, frost, or drizzle melted milk chocolate chips over cake. I prefer it straight up. :) Enjoy!

No comments: