3.09.2009

It's Worth It, Friends

I have been L-O-V-I-N-G this song, Dearly Loved by Jimmy Needham. Upon searching for the lyrics, I see it's from an album out in 2006. I am quite often the last to pick up on trends or notice when new things come out, so perhaps most everyone has already experienced this song.

It is beautiful and filled with truth. I first heard it on the Christian TV "radio" station I listen to during the day, then I found it on You Tube. If you are hearing it for the first time, please just close your eyes and listen (I'm not crazy about the "video" this person made to go with it, the pictures zoom too fast and make me a lil' queasy).

My heart and eyes well up for the people in my life that need to know the love of Jesus...this puts it so clearly. It's not about condemnation. It's not about perfection. It's about His love.

Romans 8:38-39: "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Dearly Loved
By Jimmy Needham

Please lay down your arrows

For they're sure to pierce the skin
And water from a broken well
Will make you thirst again
When all things you've acquired
Are tested by the flames
And you can see them melting
Then will you call His name

It's worth it, brothers
It's worth it, friends
To know your Maker
To lose your sin
Did you know that you are dearly loved?

To the slaughters you are being led
Being told that it's a party
That this God is in your head
And every single lie
Sounds just like the greatest truth
But the one truth you're not hearing
Is that He died for you

No greater joy
No greater peace
No greater love than this

It's worth it, brothers
It's worth it, friends
To know your Maker
To lose your sin
Did you know that you are dearly loved?

No comments: