6.25.2009

Happy Birthday, Jay!

Due to the craziness (two weddings and a reunion) of the past three weeks at our house, I neglected to blog on my brother's birthday! I have some things I want to say, though, continuing in my earlier-proclaimed blogging tradition...

Jay will be a sophomore this Fall at North Central University. He ran XC and played baseball last year, and is currently majoring in Elementary Education. He is 7 years younger than I, and our birthdays are just one day apart - we've been birthday buddies since he was born :) I believe he had a sometimes-tumultous childhood, growing up with THREE sisters, but he prevailed and has grown into a handsome, mature, loving and caring young man. Being surrounded by sisters isn't that bad...

Jay has the greatest smile. Both my parents have fantastic smiles, too, so he inherited the gift. The whole room lights up when he smiles!

He is the most grateful dinner guest you'll ever encounter. He eats anything and everything with enthusiasm! He joined us for meals a few times last year, and always took home leftovers and made me feel like a four-star chef :)

He has an incredible work ethic, mental and physical strength. He's in for the long haul when he commits to something, and doesn't do anything half-heartedly.

Jay shares my affinity for animated movies from our childhood. Another side-effect of growing up with 3 sisters...he can quote EVERY Disney movie, (shhhh, even the princess ones), and more obscure selections such as "All Dogs Go To Heaven," and "The Secret of Nimh." Quality.

He can make a mean batch of Mac n' Cheese. His version is often requested by family. Same with Ramen noodles :)

He's consistent. Steady Eddie. Rock solid. Doesn't sweat the small stuff...something I need to work on.

Jay has an incredible relationship with the Lord. It was a true blessing to watch his faith grow this past year. He has an open heart and a huge faith, and God has used and will use him in huge ways.

Jay is a born teacher. I've noticed this ever since he was a little guy and entertaining the littlest ones at church. He has the ability to captivate people, earn their respect and address their needs. He has a passion to see young men grow in their relationship with the Lord, and I'm so proud of him.

He's a great athlete, strong and solid. He's never met a sport he couldn't play, and play well. Yet, he's always been a team player and encourager to those around him.

He loves to play Cribbage, just like his big sis :)

He is a Super-Uncle! Cam and Elly are both head-over-heels in love with him...he plays with them for hours, knows what their favorites are, and truly enjoys his time with them. He even babysat once and found himself in the midst of TWO dirty diapers - prevailed - and I came home to two happy, clean babies! How many 19-year-old uncles can do that??!

Jay is younger than I am, but wise beyond his years, hungry for the things of God, a true friend and loyal brother.

I love you, Jay! I know you had a good birthday with prime rib and Chapel ice cream, so I hope the rest of your June is fantastic, too. You are a true blessing to Caleb, Cameron, Elly and I, and we can't wait to see more of you in a couple months!

Cam and his "Unca Jay." March 2009.

The Beichley sibs. He loves his sisters :) June 2009.

Snugglin' with Ells & Cam. May 2009.

No comments: