7.24.2009

Boy Oh Boy

After our ultrasound on Tuesday, we are happy to announce that we are most certainly having another little BOY in November! We got to spend a great deal of time in the u/s room, because the little guy was such a wiggler that is was very difficult for them to see all the anatomical things they wanted to see.

We saw A LOT of his hands, which he always seemed to be pushing in front of the camera, as if to say, "back off!" (A bit reminiscent of his sister, who straight up gave us the finger...but anyway...) By the end, though, he settled in perfectly to show us exactly what we needed to see, and as he appeared to be drifting off to sleep, he curled those sweet, teeny little hands under his chin JUST LIKE Cameron does when he sleeps (and just like I do)! I managed to withhold my tears until then!

Our u/s tech was the very sweetest older lady, she repeatedly told us how cute Cam & Elly were, and how cute the baby was (I'm quite sure she says it to everyone...but, I've also had ultrasound techs with poor bedside manner, so I very much appreciated her)! Nonetheless, the pictures we managed to get of baby boy were some of the worst (show off-wise) that I've had of all 3 kids. They were quite dark, and due to his squirminess, we didn't get many clear ones.

She tried to get some fleeting pics of the hands, and we have the gender-determining shot, though I don't exactly feel right slapping that one online!

Here's his sweet little profile, even though it's a bit dark.


Little stinker! We love him so much! During the ultrasound, Cameron touched the screen and said, "That's baby brudder! He SO sweet."

**********************************************

It has taken me awhile to post this info because, quite honestly, I've been overwhelmed with emotions this past week. On Monday, one of my dearest friends found out she and her husband had lost their baby at 9 weeks. On Tuesday, our college friends had to say goodbye to their 1-week-old infant, who went to be with Jesus. Things like this overwhelm me and shut me down. I don't know what to say or what to do, besides cry and pray.

God is faithful, God is good, this I know. But that doesn't stop my heart for aching for either of these families. Such unimaginable pain they experienced in a week (and many to follow) that I experienced such great joy.

My first-mentioned friend put it so well in a note she wrote on Facebook:

Proverbs 13:12 "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." I must emphasize that our HOPE has been deferred, NOT destroyed. Our HOPE can never be destroyed for we put our HOPE in God as the Psalmist says in chapter 42. "Why so downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God" (Ps.42:11). One day, one beautiful day that is beyond anything I can imagine or HOPE for, God will allow this longing that He has given us to be fulfilled. Then we will experience the joy of new life. Until then, though it is not easy, we will not waver but will find our strength and HOPE in Christ Jesus.

It is the courage of both these couples that blesses and amazes me. Whatever roller coaster you may be on - from the horrific to the daily grind - there is only one Hope, one Constant, that can sustain, protect, and endure. I assure you, He's enough.

1 comment:

Janel said...

What great words from your friend...she really described that well.