8.11.2009

Cameronspeak

Cameron has been trying to sing more and more lately, and it's so funny to hear what he "hears," or what his mind processes and he tries to sing. Here are some of the best:

There's Just Something About That Name
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...there's just sumpin' 'bout dat name!
Tractor, Savior, Jesus, like figures after da rain!

Jesus Loves Me
Jesus loves me, 'dis I know,
For da Bible tells Nemo!

Caleb and I have also been discovering things that we say more often than we think, when Cameron repeats them...

5:45 a.m.
Cameron: Hi, Daddy!
Caleb: Hi Bubby, good morning!
Cameron: It's too early? Lay back down for little bit?

Cam and I walk into the bathroom to find that Elly has pulled the entire roll of toilet paper OFF the roll, and she's playing in the toilet.
Me: *gasp*
Cameron: OH MY WORDS!

I cut Cameron up little pieces of roast and potatoes for supper.
Cameron: Look Mommy, little potatoes!
Me: Yep, those are your potatoes, can you eat them?
Cameron: Oh, potatoes so sweet and cute!

He's a little sponge. It makes me all the more conscious of what I say and do each day - I've GOT to be in the Word or we all start to go south. Cam imitates me, Elly imitates him.

Amidst it all, though, I thank the Lord for the precious moments of encouragement! A couple weeks ago, I was walking across the living room floor and REALLY caught my toe (hard) on one of his tractors. It was one of those situations where almost anything could fly out of your mouth...fortunately I managed just a few "OUCH"es and limped away. Cam came up to me with the most concerned look on his face and asked, "Mommy get hurt?" Yes, Mommy hurt her toe on your tractor! Grrr!

Then he asked, "Pray for Mommy's toe?" Of course I said yes, and my anger was overcome with tears as I listened to him pray, "Dear Jesus, thank you for Mommy. Touch her body. In Jesus' name, Amen."

It's the true glimpses into the heart of a child that keep me laughing, striving, and loving what I do each day. I never want to forget or resent these moments...Lord help me to redeem each opportunity I'm given as a mom!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Precious - oh that we might never lose that childlike heart.

Kristen said...

What a GREAT post! I couldn't resist reading it aloud to Josh! It makes us look forward to having kids.