11.20.2008

1 Corinthians 9:24

"You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally." (MSG)

1 Thessalonians 1:3 "We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." (NIV)

This past weekend, I had the privilege of accompanying the North Central University men's and women's cross country teams to the NCCAA National XC Meet in Cedarville, Ohio. I coach the women, and my friend and former teammate Trey coaches the men (although I could never do what I do without his knowledge and structure).

Ten ladies were on the team this year. Some faced injury and hardship along the way...they all trained through it to the best of their ability. Most of all, they gave every ounce of talent they had back to the Lord as a sacrifice of worship. They ran and competed with pure hearts and I am humbled and blessed to call myself their coach.

These ladies WON. They won the National Championship. Seven ran, but all ten were united in heart as they stepped to the line last Saturday. One of our senior captains, Stephanie, was the individual national champion. Jamie and Catherine finished second and third. Our team scored only 24 points (just for the record, low scores are good in XC ). :) I have learned so much from these ladies and I am bursting with pride not because of these accomplishments, but because I know the kind of women they are regardless.

To Stephanie, Katie, Angela, Erika, Catherine, Betsy, Becca, Tiffanie, Jamie and Carica - you are a blessing in my life. These are my Pink Hotties! It's all for Him!

Before the barrage of pictures, if you want to read an absolutely AMAZING blog about coaching, read Trey's take. He is outstanding and has captured in words what my heart is as well: the 18 reasons we coach.



The Pink Hotties! (Women's team).


Right after the race.

A beautiful start.

The seniors and me. Love you, Steph and Katie.

The most amazing men and women I know.

Rook partners - Angela and I.

These Triscuits are GOOOOOOD. Try em.

Playing Rook on the bus.

Pre-race huddle.

Even Elly is a Pink Hottie and came to cheer on the Rams!

No comments: