Quite a few people have asked me if I miss living in Minnesota. There are definitely things I miss, of course the family and friends we have up north are by far what I miss the most. But...other than that...when I think really hard about it, I can generate a list. It's slightly amusing, things that make me say, "Aw, man, I miss that," but things that are so silly when it comes down to it.
Being surrounded by family, relying on the Lord, living on love...these are things that came with us to Iowa. We are so supported here by our church, friends, and family that I feel a little guilty talking about the simple things I miss.
Alas, some of them must be shared...you might really appreciate them if you currently are or have at one time been a resident of the Land of Lakes!
Petty Things I Miss About Minnesota
1. The news anchors. Can't get used to the ones in Iowa, most are different than what I grew up with. I love me some Channel 4 Amelia Santinello and Frank Vascelero!
2. No sales tax on clothes. Makes for some outstanding baby bargains. (Plus winter coats, boots, hats, etc.) Seriously...I think every state should adopt this fantastic concept. :)
3. The Multi-Grain Bread @ Cub Foods. Store brand...there is NOTHING better. And, it's only $1.85! Man, I do miss that bread (although any avenue of carb elimination at this point is a good thing).
4. Living approximately 2 miles from Target, in ANY direction. I know. A bit out of control. And I only live 20 minutes from a Target now. A little spoiled I am.
5. None of these. Holy cow, it's a plague.
6. Stores that double coupons. Regular prices are a bit lower here in Iowa, but with all the grocery competition in MN, everyone was vying for business with great prices. AND, stores that doubled coupons (and price matched) allowed me to get groceries on the cheap - strike that - the ridiculously cheap.
7. As of right now, I miss my husband working only 30 minutes away!! :)
8. Chipotle. Pregnant Michelle loves Chipotle. Didn't go there all the time, but just knowing it was there was some kind of high-sodium comfort to me...hehe!
I could think hard and generate more - but just in case you were curious, these are the little things I miss. The big things...we've definitely got covered right where we're at. :)