11.14.2009

Wimpy

A couple of weeks ago, Caleb complimented me on being a very tough pregnant woman. The way I see it, there's really no choice but to be...I kinda got myself into the situation ;) I try not to complain about the routine aches and pains that go along with the process.

Anyway, I graciously accepted his compliment, and tried to use his words to propel me to get the last bit of nesting done before baby boy arrives on Tuesday. I was on a good roll until a couple of days ago, when I started feeling sick. It started out as the sniffles and a scratchy throat, and quickly progressed to entire body aches and general exhaustion.

So, those of you who know how week 39 of pregnancy feels, add that to extra-sensitivity everywhere, and every step, twist, lift, and bend-down-and-pick-up-a-toy feels like the most difficult job imaginable. I am an uber-wimp when I have (whatever I have?) the aches.

Needless to say, I've accomplished almost NOTHING in the past couple days. I finally did the dishes today (lots of paper plates in the near future for this family!), and I will get baby boy's dresser organized during naps. I could swear he was coming any minute, the way I feel, but I think the pressure and cramping is just magnified by my being sick.

All in all, this post is a thank you to my husband for being so very understanding and compassionate towards his largely lazy wife as I lay in a heap on the couch. He is so loving and affirming in the midst of it all!

Tuesday the 17th is the BIG DAY! Can't wait :)

1 comment:

Claessens Family said...

I want to see a baby bump picture before the new little man comes out!